Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Monetize Your Web Site: Make Money with Google Adsense

I have been using Google Adsense on a few of my personal web sites for a very long time. It is safe to say at least seven years off the top of my head. You can see how I have implemented Google Ads on one of my web sites at www.InstallUniversity.com.

I have optimized the site and now feel I have a strong working formula for what works for my site. I use the banner ads and normally just use text only ads. I never had much luck with fancier ads. You most definitely want to try and get your first ad placement above the fold. The fold is shorthand for anything you see before you have to scroll down the page. 

I have a modest amount of web traffic that helps me pay for the site and a little more to pay for my other sites that do not have the following www.InstallUniversity.com has.

Independence Day is upon us, so take this long weekend to get your web site earning money. 

  • Set up a Google Adsense account
  • Insert Google ads in your site
  • Create content on no less than a weekly basis, daily if you are just starting out.
  • Once you have a lot of content, find a forum on the web and participate. You will be surprised by how much web traffic you will generate from an online forum. That is how Install University got started.

It really is that simple. The biggest issue is getting people to your site. It will always depend on fresh and new content. You will have to write a lot of articles that people want to read. I recommend you get your content up and running and then find a forum to subtely promote the work you have done. Staying active in the forum(s) will be the key to your early success in most cases.


Real earnings from a real adsense account

No comments:

Post a Comment